What information will Acre Impact Invest collect about me?
Information will be requested from you when you apply for a position/ placement with Acre Impact Invest, register as an Acre Impact Invest Member or subscriber to receive one of our updates, post a comment to the Acre Impact Invest blog, purchase any of our products, or sign up to attend any Acre Impact Invest events. By entering your details in the fields provided and/ or opting into Acre Impact Invest services, you enable Acre Impact Invest and its third-party service providers to store and use the information you provide to deliver the services you select.
By registering with Acre Impact Invest, filling out mandatory and/or optional fields and opting in, you consent to the collection and use of the following information:
- name, organisation and job title
- contact information, including email address
- demographic information such as address and post code
- preferences and interests
- employment history, education, skills and references (if applying for a position or placement at Acre Impact Invest)
- other information relevant to user surveys
How will Acre Impact Invest use the information they collect and when will they contact me?
Depending on the services you have selected, Acre Impact Invest can use your personal information to:
- Periodically send you email announcements about new publications, meetings or other information we think you may find interesting based on the information you have provided.
- Contact you for service administration purposes (for instance, if you have forgotten your password, have submitted an enquiry/ request for support or posted a comment on our blog).
- Refine the outputs and services we offer based on the information you have provided.
- Invite you to participate in or contribute to specific research projects being undertaken by Acre Impact Invest researchers (participation is always voluntary).
- Pass to a selection panel for consideration (in the case of online job applications).
- Connect Member Reps to engage in areas of shared interest
We do look to see how many people are opening our emails but do not use this data to profile you individually.
Please note that Acre Impact Invest hosts a number of mailing lists. You will have the option to unsubscribe from these Acre Impact Invest lists if you wish, and you may opt-in to receive mailings from only one list.
If Acre Impact Invest proposes using your personal information for anything other than what you originally signed up for, we will ensure to ask for your consent first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for use other than those listed above.
How will Acre Impact Invest keep my information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have done everything in our power to respect and comply with the latest data protection regulations to safeguard and secure the information you allow us to collect online.
While we strive to keep the information that you supply secure, because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain 100% secure at all times.
How long will Acre Impact Invest keep my personal information?
We will come back to you every couple of years to renew consent where we ask for this – otherwise, we will bring the privacy notice to your attention every couple of years.
The personal information you provide will be kept on our database for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted and/ or obtained. Once this data is no longer necessary it will be securely disposed of.
If you delete your account or request to be removed from our members register, your profile is tagged as inactive’ and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a certain period of time for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.